Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Week of Walking

After 7 days on the Camino I have travelled approximately 155 km since leaving St. Jean in France.  Once in Spain, I have been walking through the autonomous region of Navarra and today I crossed into a new region called La Rioja, whose capital is Logroño, and that is where I will spend today.  For my friends who enjoy red wine....this region may sound familiar.
Although the routine of the days is somewhat similiar, the landscapes keep me enthralled...and sometimes, after cresting a small rise the valleys spread out before me and I have to reach for my camera.  Then stop as I realize that my camera could never adequately capture this panorama and I pause and savour the moment.  But of course, I do take many photos!!
The door of an albergue welcoming pilgrims.

Grapes...of course!

An eye catching hill in the distance....complete with castle.
The beautiful Puente de Reina....bridge of the queen, built to help the prilgrims cross the River Arga.
Wanderfull trails...

Nice and cool in this stone refuge but you have to share it with the mosquitos!

A pilgrim taking a midday break.
Where ever grapes grow there will be wineries.
This winery allows 100 liters a day to refresh the pilgrims...bring your own cup but please don´t fill your water bottle!
One of the kings of Navarra.

A roof top view.
The young enjoying a play in the fountain of the main plaza.
And those full of wisdom solving world problems....or maybe just enjoying the beautiful evening and the company of long time friends.
To all my friends and family....love you and miss you but I am far from ready to return.
Hasta luego...



No comments:

Post a Comment