Sunday, May 24, 2015

Traveling with my trusty backpack.


   The past few weeks have been a blur....but extremely enjoyable!  Getting together with friends for lunches, meeting on Skype with María Eugenia my travel companion to Greece, to plan our itinerary, working in the yard and garden and saying goodbye to family.  Even though I postponed my usual early morning swim and gym workouts, somehow the training with my backpack and hiking shoes just did not happen...other than perhaps a half a dozen times when I got out on the beautiful trails of Medicine Hat to accustom myself to carrying a backpack.

Enjoying a few moments rest with a cup of coffee and a good book!

Here is a portion of the train along the Seven Person's Creek just before the bridge on Dunmore Road.

Beautiful Strathcona Park

Archway in the old cemetery with the tee pee in the background.

Our beautiful landmark.

One of the paintings on the tee pee structure.

College pond.


   We are so fortunate to have such an extensive network of trails in our cityand I have come to know them so well with my running buddies or cycling with my grandchildren or training for various hiking holidays.  I know I will miss this city, my cozy little house, puttering endlessly in my garden but mostly my wonderful family and amazing friends.  See you all in August!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Okay Bonnie, so perhaps your backpack's name isn't "MONSTER" but it looks pretty heavy anyway. We'll have to see what you are calling it in a month or so! :)

    ReplyDelete